Monday, March 18, 2013

Monday Moanin' (4)

  • Bone Prophet show was amazing. Very polished band. Good energy. Very professional. Not alot of message time, but the message they gave was simple and direct. If you missed this show you need to find a way to see them live. Truly one of the best bands around, signed or unsigned.

  • Ready to retire the shokjok name. It's lived it's course, died, came back, died again, and has just gotten beyond meaning...................need a new dj name.

  • When I started djing you came up with a radio friendly name. Like Arthur P, or Kid Costan, or Doug Podell. Then later the dj so and so stuff came along,  such as dj beatmixer or dj funtime. Never understood the dj before the name part, I mean if your djing they obviously they know your a dj. So should I go back to a stage name. (way back when -high school days- I used Dave Jacobs)(get it? initals are d and j...haha) or should I come up a new dj so and so name? I shall ponder and then have a retirement party online.........to finally lay the dj shokjok name to rest.

  • Never really "loved" the shokjok name, but it was kind of handed to me and I came up with some pretty good marketing themes for it. My favorite was to yell out it's the "shokjok with a little bit of Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddddd   Rooooooooccccccccckkkkkkk!"  (those were fun times). But if I need anymore proof that it's time to retire the name, Kid Rock is country now...

  • So is it Dave Jacobs? Or DJ Clarus?  (as in Clarus Promotions)

  • Clarus - did you know that the word clarus in latin means clear, bright / renowned, famous, illustrious. Just like I like the music to be, clear, bright, renowned and illustrious. (the famous part isnt so important but it is fitting for a promotions company). In Roman times it was the name used by many saints. So I feel I have the perfect sound production, audio entertainment, and promotions name. (but that's just me.................) Most people say "huh?" what's the name again?" how do you spell that?"

  • DJ Grand Mill playing a show in Kingston TN tomorrow, I think I'm going.

  • Evolution vs creation debate is a very tiresome debate. They've got science I've got faith. Science changes over the years, faith doesn't. They don't see that science changes though, they look at is as we've advanced. But if we've advanced to the point of knowing it all then we will quit advancing, thus the end is near. Faith tells ya that if you look at the shape of the world today the end is near..........so maybe we're not all that different in that area. Wonder what science will tell us is fact in 100 years. I mean there was a time that the world was flat, the sun went around the earth, Pluto was a planet, and dinosaurs we're "believed" to have existed. Science can't prove or disprove God, it still takes faith even in this highly technological advanced world that we exist in.

  • I have my first paid writing gig coming up this weekend. Kind of excited, kind of nervous.

  • Do you ever pray and NOT ask for something?

  • If you charge a fee for your ministry, such as an appearance fee, is it a ministry or your job?

  • If you ask for a donation you're thought of as having ulterior motives. So where's the balance? I don't know, just wondering. Your comments are always welcome.

  • And God's lesson to me for this week has been about fear. Fear can conquer us if we let it. Fear can stop us before we get started, or stop us in our tracks. I need to learn to overcome fear, because that is how my faith will grow. One goes hand in hand with the other. More faith equals less fear, less fear REQUIRES more faith.

-dP-






1 comment:

All Things Hard Rock said...

David, given your random comments, I think, I, too, am going out of my mind. Great thoughts and insights.