Friday, March 08, 2013

God Loves Atheists

I must admit I hate atheism. Before I go any futher, it's not the atheist I hate but the idea that a human being could not believe in God. I have a deep caring for atheists, I just hate the atheist religion. (yes it's a religion.......the same way all religions are religions)

First off, how can someone believe that there is no God? How can you look at a newborn baby and not even think about God? How can you stand on a mountaintop and not at least consider God? How can one stand on the seashore and not gaze in wonderment at how that came to be? How can anyone not believe in God?

I guess the first answer that is religion. Religion sometimes makes me question God, but then all I have to do is reconsider the amazement of the universe and those thoughts quietly fade.

There is a news article on Google news today about an atheist church in Britain that is growing so fast they have already outgrew their building. OK, let's consider this. First off it's Britain, a historically very christian country. Then let's consider that this made the main page of Google news. When is the last time a christian church made the main page of Google news? When Pat Robertson said something "out there", when a pastor embezzles millions from his congregation, or when a church sues another church over it's name? Yep, that's pretty much what the world sees in christianity, and the christians so called belief in God. Kind of makes it easy to understand why one would not believe in God.

Atheists often state that they have morals, and they are "good" people, they just don't need to believe in God. Well to that I say hogwash. If you take away the bible, you take away the morals. Morals of man change over time. Consider that it was once OK to have slaves, consider that homosexuality used to be considered a disease. Yes Mr. Atheist, you can have morals and thank God that still yet today man's morals state that it's not OK to kill, steal, or hate, however morals change with time unless you follow the morals of God. Scientists have suggested that a pedophile is not much different from a homosexual person. Kids is their "turn on", just like gay men are turned on by men. (I'll post the news link at the bottom). 30 years ago when I was a child, being gay was considered wrong by the majority, today it's widely accepted and even Pastors and church leaders are gay, I wonder if 30 years from now it will be OK for an adult to date, marry, or have sex with children. Before you say that's ludacris, consider what I just said about the homosexual lifestyle from 30 years ago. My point is, that man's morals change over time, and they will always change AWAY from God, if we aren't believing in, or following God.

Life itself. If life is not a gift from God the creator then life has no meaning. You can do all the good in the world that you want, but when you are dead, you are just dead. If life has no purpose other than to "get through it", then how is life precious. If life is not a gift from God, and it just happened, then nothing matters, it just happens. We could blow ourselves up tomorrow and destroy everything, it's OK though because it was all a random mistake anyways.

I would think that being an atheist would be a lonely and depressing choice of living. Most atheists say that is not true, that they are quite happy. Well I'm the happiest too when I choose to ignore my responsiblites and act as if life was as simple as when I was a 6 year old kid. If you don't have a right or a wrong, there is alot of freedom in that. If you have only heard the "thou shalts" and the "thou shalt not" from religion, well there is a lot of bondage and baggage that goes along with that.

If you have heard that God loves you. That God IS love. That God loved you so much he MADE you. That God loves you no matter what you have done, or what you might do, well that changes things a bit. If you can accept that love, and then love in return, your man made morals no longer matter, now you have a purpose for everything. You live a good life because you love he who loved you first, because you want to. No different than when you fall in love with your life mate. You love him/her so you live your life according to a way in which reflects the love that you have. It's hard to love someone that you don't belive in, I understand that. But God says it's OK to try him, to test him, (1 John 4:1) why does he say that? Well probably because he knows that you too will come to an understanding that he is real, and that will cause faith and faith is what it's all about. Believe in God, love him that loves you and the whole world, scratch that, the whole universe changes.

I've heard christians say about atheism, "well if I'm right I'm OK, if they are right I'm still OK". What kind of attitude is that? I mean no wonder there are atheists if that's the view we take. Jesus said to love one another. He said it many many times, over and over again. I think he might of meant that. If we loved each other with the love of Christ, I think it would be the God churches that would be over flowing and the atheist churches that are emptly on Sunday mornings.

If you don't believe in God, in my mind that's OK, but only if you take the time to really consider the other option. (that there is a God). I spend my fair share of time thinking on both sides of the subject, so I'm not asking anything of you that I don't already do. Remember you can be the best person in the world and not ever meet God, the only sin that sends you to hell is the sin of rejecting God. God loves you so much he cannot stand the rejection and he will cast you away. The same way you would send someone away that broke your heart so many times that you just couldn't take it anymore.

Look at the mountains, look at the babies, look at the perfection of Earth and the way that life exists and can only exist the way that it does, and then consider for just a moment..............God. Then stop and think how God loved you so much that he knew he was going to die for you before he even made you.


link to news article: http://gospelsower.com/  (scroll down to about the middle of the page)

dP

No comments: