Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Do I Stand Corrected?

Do I stand corrected? I do!

A few hours after my blog and show this morning, Hillsong made a public announcement, on the issue of their stance on homosexuality.

In this world today, news is entertainment, and one must be careful when reading, reporting, or sharing the news. I did my homework, I looked up the references to the quotes, and felt that the information I was presenting was as true as I could find it to be. Perhaps it was true, and perhaps social media and the sharing of the "blog" about the worship leaders has forced the Hillsong church to finally choose a side. Is social media that powerful? It can be........... / However no matter if it was true, or is true, from the mouth of the involved party comes clarification.

This statement is found on the Hillsong website, which means it's not just news, it's from their very mouth, and I stand corrected, and for this I am grateful.

Here is the link: http://hillsong.com/media-releases/hillsong-church-statement-by-senior-pastor-brian-houston/

Their stance on "all are welcome" is exactly the point I was trying to make in my last blog. So this is awesome.

I stand corrected and I am grateful for that, it is truly our job to teach and disciple with love those that are seeking the truth. I have always believed that if you sincerely search for truth there is only one place that the road will take you, and that is to God.

I felt it was fair and honest to share this, (even though I only write like one blog every six months), as soon as I saw it. As I mentioned before, I'm pretty successful at sinning, and if my entire last blog was based on a lie, then SHAME ON ME! I'm not even waiting to "see how it plays out", this is their statement, I will take it, I will believe it, I will be thankful for it, I will pray for them, I will apologize for not doing ENOUGH homework on my last post, and I will sheepishly go hide in the corner of embarrassment for being duped by Internet "news".

I still pray for those two boys, I hope they receive some good biblical teaching in love and in private, I hope they learn that God's will is not a set of "rules" but a way of life that leads to life.


No comments: